The Charter #JamaisSansElles for the 2017 presidential candidates
In the context of the 2017 presidential elections, the movement #JamaisSansElles proposed a Charter to the candidates so they could commit to defending and promoting gender equality at all levels in the public sphere.
By signing the Charter the candidates undertake to:
1. In Government: entrust women with governmental ministries, to ensure that key roles are allocated to women in ministerial offices, to appoint women to senior positions in central government administrations.
2. State Actions: make pay equity a major political objective, but also to give women a voice in public events organized by public authorities (debates, round tables, conferences, summits).
3. Across the Nation: appoint women to managerial positions in devolved administrations and to encourage similar commitments in decentralized administrations.
4. Abroad: designate women ambassadors in strategic countries as well as to decision-making positions in embassies and consulates and to key posts in international organizations.
5. State Representation: ensure the mixed composition of delegations accompanying official visits, particularly abroad, across all segments (political, administrative, corporate and in civil society).
Tweets translated in English by #JamaisSansElles.